eCommerce Product Data Specialist
- Internet Sales / Operations - Internet Exempt
- 07936, NJ, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
The eCommerce Product Data Specialist/Coordinator will support the eCommerce team to achieve the seasonal merchandising strategy and drive catalog performance on the 1800lighting.com website. This role requires the individual to be data driven and analytical, with an affinity for process, proven problem solving skills, and working with large data sets. The eCommerce Product Data Specialist/Coordinator will be an integral part in maximizing sales and conversion of our current assortment, and work with our vendors to optimize product data.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Ongoing maintenance of product catalog
- New SKU creation to align to vendor product launches
- Review of raw product data provided by vendors and formatting to internal templates
- Maintain existing product catalog data in accordance with vendor provided updates
- Assign item level attributes, merchandising options, and cross sells at the product level
Responsible for proofing product launches in staging environment site for accurate merchandising pre-launch and QA of production site post-launch
Maintenance of pricing and product status updates (closeouts/discontinued) as needed
Communicate with vendor partners to ensure data accuracy and vendor updates
Experience uploading seller content to e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com, Ebay.com, etc. a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• At least 1 year work experience with an eCommerce retailer preferred
• Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable learning data analysis tools
• Aptitude for data mapping
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and can effectively prioritize work
• Strong desire to learn and work cross functionally
• Excellent communication and follow-up skills; ability to multi-task a must
• Previous experience with a PIM (Product Information Management) and/or Content Management system a plus
• Previous experience with Google Analytics preferred
• Exposure to SQL & relational databases (queries, basic data extraction and processing, etc.) a plus
• Must be proficient MS Office Suite, with intermediate to advanced Excel required
Our eCommerce Product Data Specialist fosters a culture reflecting Capitol Lighting's Core Values: P.R.A.I.S.E. Professionalism, Respect, Attitude, Integrity, Service, Effectiveness.
You can learn more about Capitol Lighting at our website www.1800Lighting.com.
Making Lives Brighter
Capitol Lighting is one of America's oldest, largest and most successful independent lighting retailers. Started as a family-owned lighting store in Newark, NJ in 1924, we have since grown to nine showrooms, with four locations in New Jersey and four in Southeast Florida. Capitol Lighting also markets products nationally with an industry leading website, 1800lighting.com. With nine gorgeous showrooms and an aggressive online and "bricks-n-clicks" store expansion initiative, Capitol Lighting is looking for talented, hardworking and self-motivated individuals for opportunities to join our team.
More about Capitol Lighting
Capitol Lighting proudly supports a drug free and smoke free work environment.
Capitol Lighting is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.