Accounts Payable Manager
- - Accounting
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Training, and more!
Capitol Lighting is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager who will oversee the development and performance of the accounts payable team in our Boca Raton, FL location. The ideal candidate for this position will be a skilled finance professional responsible for processing all routine and non-routine payments, reconciling vendor accounts, managing the current team, and assisting with other, related duties as noted below. The AP Manager will also be responsible for monitoring related internal control standards, developing analytical reports to support daily operations, and ensuring the integrity of all departmental work.
The successful candidate will be one who can further implement departmental efficiencies, maintain strong internal controls over the AP process and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external parties.
- Oversees the AP processes, procedures, including but not limited to compliance with policies and e procedures, payment terms, exception management, etc.
- Responsible for daily, routine activities, such as disbursing checks to ensure that they are completed accurately and timely.
- Manage the accounts payable staff to include hiring, training, development and coaching, disciplinary actions, and performance appraisals.
- Ensure transaction coding/accounting records accuracy
- Liaison between AP team, operations, procurement, and accounting to coordinate and resolve issues/inefficiencies
- Implement projects to migrate processes to more efficient methods to continue to evaluate existing procedures to discover opportunities for process improvement.
- Identify and establish key accounts payable metrics and targets (daily, weekly, monthly, and annually)
- Understands multi-tiered GL structure to accurately code expenses to proper G/L accounting segment
- Assist accounting team with month-end closure processes, including A/P accruals and related account reconciliations
- Reconcile monthly corporate credit card (AmEx and Visa/MC) activity
- Serve as liaison for the AP department in providing resolution to invoice disputes and inquiries, both from external (vendors/auditors, etc.) parties and internal departments
- Prepare monthly aging analysis to open payables balances
- Supervise reconciliation of key vendor accounts and their balances
- Help with special projects and ad hoc requests such as providing supporting documents to external auditors and management team
- Maintain necessary files for audit trail and assist in performance of internal/external audit of departmental activities