Showroom Assistant Manager
- - Showroom Sales
- East Hanover, NJ, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Training, and more!
The Showroom Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Sales Manager in all sales activities to elevate effective selling, customer service skills and product knowledge. Maximize sales, generate revenue, satisfy and earn Customer loyalty. Provide leadership toward the achievement of maximum profitability and growth by day-to-day activities, include supervising staff, finding innovative ways to solve problems and meeting Customer demand to ensure Company sales goals and profitability. Assure all store operations and processes are in compliance with Company standards.
Our Showroom Assistant Manager fosters a culture reflecting Capitol Lighting's Core Values: P.R.A.I.S.E. Professionalism, Respect, Attitude, Integrity, Service, Effectiveness.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcome Customers with enthusiasm – greet Customers with a smile and a positive attitude.
- Assist with staffing, scheduling and assigning employees and managing activities to ensure smooth operations.
- Effectively coach, manage and motivate salespeople to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Provide support to Salespeople's efforts to meet or exceed all activity standards salesmanship, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Continuously tour sales floor, talking to salespeople and Customers; identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- Demonstrate positive interaction with all employees, giving timely feedback to maximize the success of the store and individual performance.
- Assist salespeople when needed in preparation of quotes and/or in resolving difficult situations/issues.
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Participate in direct sales and/or Customer interaction as needed.
- Respond to customer complaints and comments; establish positive interaction with Customers when necessary to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Assist the Sales Manager in store meetings, daily huddles, weekly sales meetings to foster open communication and update staff on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and make certain they are communicated and put into practice by staff.
- Set examples for staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintain appearance and safety of interior and exterior of the business environment Company standards.
- Utilize Store Checklist to satisfactorily maintain Company standards.
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by managing inventory control, allocating merchandise to customer invoices and awareness of product display.
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry; understand forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
- Assist in controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines, analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Troubleshoot operational and POS problems. Find solutions to improve operational efficiencies. Bring solutions to Senior Management.
- Oversee all store operations, provide direction to the warehouse manager, and work closely with the warehouse team to assure company standards are meet.
- Motivate and create a culture of accountability with all departments. Help to facilitate quarterly reviews for the operations team.
- Responsible for the overall results of the Operations Audit, create action plans accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role, sales management experience is preferred.
- Experience with retail software solutions preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.